Employment Opportunities at the Center for Health and Learning
CHL is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and board within a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates with a commitment to personal and community health and the mission and values of the organization are encouraged to apply for any open position.
CHL is recruiting for the following open position:
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT:
CHL is seeking a Director of Development to lead CHL’s efforts to achieve the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization through cultivation of diverse revenue streams, including government and foundation grants, donors, online fundraising and sponsorships.
- lead and manage overall development efforts to raise the philanthropic, sponsorship and government grants share of CHL’s annual budget;
- translate CHL’s strategic objectives into compelling written proposals and related materials that consistently secure funding through competitive review and also perform program and prospect research;
- develop ideas for fundable evidence-and research-based projects tied to CHL’s strategic initiatives;
- work with Executive Director to cultivate, solicit and steward institutional donors;
- serve as liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors representing philanthropic and corporate grant revenues;
- work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Operations Manager to create and execute a comprehensive annual development plan to achieve CHL’s fundraising goals through grants, contracts, sponsorships, corporate support and major donor gifts;
- Serves as part of senior leadership and may be interested in an increasing leadership role.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s Degree or more advanced degree in business, non-profit management or related field; 3 to 5 years of fundraising or development experience; understanding of non-profit domain and/or has served on a Board of Directors; The ideal candidate for this position will possess experience in grant proposal conception and development, donor relations, and use of a CRM. Knowledge of schools and public health preferred.
This is a 0.8 FTE position offering a competitive salary with benefits. This search is actively underway so prompt application is encouraged. Interviews will be conducted in mid-August with an expected start date of September 2018. Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 telephone references to firstname.lastname@example.org