Employment Opportunities at the Center for Health and Learning
CHL is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff and board within a multicultural environment. Qualified candidates with a commitment to personal and community health and the mission and values of the organization are encouraged to apply for any open position.
Recruiting now for the following positions:
Director of Development and Marketing – 32 hours/week
- Lead and manage overall development efforts to raise the philanthropic, sponsorship and government grants share of CHL’s annual budget;
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and Operations Manager to create and execute a comprehensive annual development plan to achieve CHL’ s fundraising goals through grants, contracts, sponsorships, corporate support and major donor gifts.
- Translate CHL’s strategic objectives into compelling written proposals and related materials that consistently secure funding through competitive review and also perform program and prospect research;
- Write compelling and accurate letters of intent (LOIs), proposals, reports, correspondence, and stewardship materials;
- Develop ideas for fundable evidence-and research-based projects tied to CHL’s strategic initiatives;
- Work with Executive Director to cultivate, solicit and steward institutional donors;
- Access, archive and be familiar with the latest and most accurate program-related data, statistics and evaluation standards and procedures;
- Serve as liaison to the Development Committee of the Board of Directors representing philanthropic and corporate grant revenues;
- Oversee reporting activity, writing quarterly and annual reports on Foundation funded projects, donor solicitation and online fundraising.
- Support the Operations Manager in orienting program staff to new awards, deliverables, to ensure effective tracking for reporting needs.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop an annual marketing and communications plan that identifies the core elements and activities of CHL’s marketing. Plan will document all of CHL’s marketing and communication needs, provide recommendations for meeting those needs, and provide a timeline for activation of the specific recommended marketing and communication tasks.
- Oversee a Marketing and Technology Specialist staff person in the production and deployment of digital and non-digital marketing and communications materials.
- Maintains a Customers Relations Management database system that supports marketing, development, and communications.
- Oversee implementation of data entry and materials production, including appeals, reports, and thank you letters.
- Works effectively and collaboratively with Board and designated staff to achieve annual philanthropic goals for corporate, foundation and government donors;
- Strives to produce effective, accurate, well-written proposals, letters of intent, reports that meet CHL’s exacting standards for the written word under deadline;
- Ability to cold call and develop relationships with funders with confidence;
- Creative, critical, and strategic thinking;
- Project completion in a timely manner with keen attention to project deadlines;
- Serves as part of senior leadership and may be interested in an increasing leadership role.
- Possibility for some remote office work combined with onsite work.
- Bachelor’s or more advanced degree in business, non-profit management or related field;
- Three-to-five years’ fundraising or development experience preferred;
- Understand non-profit domain and/or has served on a Board of Directors;
- Background in business planning, marketing and sales desirable;
- Commitment to promoting CHL flagship programs including Umatter suicide prevention, mental health promotion, alcohol, tobacco and other drug prevention and family engagement;
- Knowledge of schools and public health preferred;
- Track record for resource cultivation, including major gifts, online fundraising, annual campaigns, etc.;
- Successful grant writing from solicitations, including research, proposal development, to submission;
- Experience with data-base and / or Customer Resource Management system;
- Effective verbal and written communications skills for in-person, telephone and email contact;
- Extraordinary level of attention to detail necessary;
- Mission-driven work ethic and an understanding of the deadline-driven demands of a nonprofit work environment a must;
- Self-starter who works well in a team environment;
- Familiarity with MS Office products is essential.
This is a 0.8 FTE position offering a competitive salary with benefits. Interviews will be conducted in May with an expected start date of June 2019. Interested candidates, please submit a cover letter, resume and 3 telephone references to email@example.com
Volunteer or Internship Opportunities:
Are you looking for meaningful volunteer work? Are you a student needing a community service opportunity? CHL is seeking a volunteer resource to assist our non-profit in various office tasks which support our mission-driven work. We have a need for clerical assistance, filing, data entry, and assistance preparing for our many trainings and events that we carry out throughout the year. If this kind of work interests you, please contact us at info@HealthAndLearning.org
If you are a student looking for an internship, we would be interested in hearing from you. We may have an opportunity that meets your needs and assists us in carrying out our work. We would be particularly interested in students that are in the field of public health, school health, and mental health promotion or someone that could assist us with online learning and other technology initiatives. If you would like to learn more about potential internship opportunities at the Center for Health and Learning, please contact us at info@HealthAndLearning.org