Umatter® Training of Trainers
When prepared, anyone can respond when someone needs help.
Join us and become equipped to facilitate a Umatter® Suicide Prevention Awareness training in your community or place of work.
Participation in one Umatter® Suicide Prevention Awareness training. Please see training options for “Umatter® Suicide Prevention Awareness and Skills” at healthandlearning.org/trainings.The Center for Health and Learning can also bring a Umatter® Suicide Prevention Awareness and Skills training to your workplace, organization, or community. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Karen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
About This Training
Umatter® TOT is a Blended Training, meaning it has an in-person component and and online component.
Participants engage in a full day of training to develop personal skills and confidence to bring Umatter® Suicide Prevention Awareness training to their community or workplace. You will learn to train others in basic knowledge and skills of suicide prevention, including:
- Societal myths and Attitudes
- Use of sensitive language
- Risk factors and warning signs
- Protective factors
- Considerations for Populations at Risk
- Examples of what to do or say
- Resources to get help
- Deepen understanding of risk factors and warning signs
- Develop skills and competencies to facilitate conversations about suicide
- Identify with confidence the next steps in getting help
- Learn presenter engagement skills to facilitate a workshop
- Develop confidence in sharing sensitive material with an audience
- Learn the role of a facilitator and helper
- Learn strategies for planning future training(s)
Find Out More and Register